It has always been the policy of The Blau Company, Ltd. to keep all information that we collect from you confidential from all sources. We restrict access to all non-public personal information about you to members of our firm who need to know that information to provide services to you. We do collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on tax preparation organizers, worksheets, Federal and State tax reporting forms, and from other documents we use in tax preparation or other related services.
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others, and
• Information we may receive from outside agencies such as banks and brokerage houses.
We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our clients or former clients, except as permitted, required or approved by you in writing as listed below:
• Requirements to comply with Federal, state or local law,
• Requirements to comply with National, State or local licensing rules,
• Requirements to disclose information in response to legal subpoenas,
• Items you permit or request us to disclose, as authorized by you in writing,
• Information you authorize us to disclose that you are our client, without any disclosure of financial or personal information.
Federal law requires taxpayers to keep all information used in the preparation of their tax returns for 3 years from the due date of the return or the date of filing, whichever is later. State law requires taxpayers to keep the same information for 4 years, subject to the same statutory time limits. Our firm recommends that you keep all information for 5 years and keep your tax returns indefinitely.